Following the instructions of the Ministry of Tourism, GAIA Guesthouse is implementing a new health protocol. The Protocol includes the development of an Action Plan and the development of a Suspected Case Management Plan.
The aim of the Action Plan is to prevent the occurrence and effective management of suspicious cases in order to limit the exposure of staff and guests, always in accordance with the current guidelines of the National Public Health Organization. The Action Plan complies with the recommendations of the National Public Health Organization and will be revised according to the developments.
The measures described in the Action Plan and the Suspected Case Management Plan are meant to protect our staff and guests and to outline the necessary measures to prevent and protect against COVID-19 disease.
These measures include:
Individual Hygiene Measures & Personal Protective Equipment
GAIA Guesthouse has taken measures to implement good personal hygiene practices in the workplace. Specifically:
- Staff and third parties are informed and encouraged to comply with good personal and respiratory hygiene practices (hand washing – cleaning, nose and mouth covering during coughing or sneezing, etc.).
- Appropriate facilities and required materials have been provided to employees and appropriate mechanisms for hand sanitization have been installed at the entrances / exits and in the common areas of the resort.
- Staff have been supplied with the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), in accordance with the special instructions of the National Public Health Protection Committee.
- Staff have been trained how to safely use their Personal Protective Equipment and their proper use is being supervised.
- Third parties entering the hotel being supervised and informed to exercise social distancing and to use Personal Protective Equipment.
- Staff have been informed and trained on the COVID-19 suspected case management plan.
Accommodation File and Event Book
- For purposes of public health protection, we keep a record of staff members and all guests staying at the resort (name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details such as address, telephone, e-mail), so that it is possible to track all the people who came in close contact with an identified COVID-19 case.
- All General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are adhered to and all guests and staff are informed that records are kept for the protection of public health.
- The hotel records and updates an Event log book COVID-19.
The staff of the hotel strictly adheres to the basic protection measures against COVID-19. In particular, employees practice the following personal and respiratory hygiene practices:
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 40 seconds, before and after contact with money or guests’ items, before eating, before and after work breaks, after a visit to the toilet and careful hand drying with disposable paper towels and disposal in bins.
- The staff takes the necessary hygiene measures, keeps a distance of at least 1.5 meters from the customers and adheres to the required hygiene rules.
- Covering nose and mouth during coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the inner part of the elbow.
- Disposal of paper towels or other personal hygiene items used to disinfect work surfaces in a closed bin.
- Avoiding shaking hands and close physical contact, keeping a distance of at least two meters from colleagues, guests or third parties in all workplaces, hotel rooms and rest areas.
- Avoiding touching the front of the mask or face shield.
- Avoiding touching of face with hands.
- Informing the health officer in case of illness or symptoms relating to COVID-19 infection or contact with a possible or confirmed case.
- Staying at home in case of illness and informing the health officer.
- Returning to the workplace only if the laboratory test is negative and after 14 days after close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- The housekeeping staff uses simple surgical masks, gloves.
- All hard surfaces are cleaned and disinfected with disposable cloths / fabrics or cleaning paper.
- Thorough cleaning and good room ventilation is applied during the period between stays.
Breakfast is served keeping distance between seating & tables and we have adjusted the buffet, so our team members will serve you without the use of shared utensils.